Project-Divine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project-Divine, where its all about the community!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Changing your Java Security Settings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mod Caleb
Administrator

Changing your Java Security Settings Empty
PostSubject: Changing your Java Security Settings   Changing your Java Security Settings EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:12 pm

In this short little guide I am going to tell you how you can change your java security settings to allow you to play the webclient. Please note that this will not work for the Google Chrome web browser.

If you are using Windows 7, open the start menu and search "Configure Java"
Changing your Java Security Settings Image1_zps5847174b

If you are using Windows 8, press the windows key and then click on the search button and type in "Configure Java" and then press enter. Wait a few seconds for the applet to open.

Open it.

If you are using Java 7u10 or earlier, you should see something like thisChanging your Java Security Settings Image2_zps40cd9b16[/URL]

You are going to want to click on the "Security" Tab. Drag the slider to medium and then restart your web browser and the webclient will work.

If you are using a newer version of java than that, which most of you probably will be, you will have to add an exception, as the medium security option is no longer a feature in the newer java versions.

So, first off, open the configure java applet as described above. Move over to the security tab and you will see something like this:Changing your Java Security Settings Javastuff1_zpswzu6qbtl

You will want to make yours look like mine. Click on "Edit site list"
and then click add.
Changing your Java Security Settings Javastuff2_zpski5dvfkl

Double click in the little window that pops up and type in "http://projectdivine.forumotion.com" You will be prompted and asked if you are sure that you want to do this. Click yes, and then click "Ok". You should now be able to restart your web browser and the client will work.

If you do not want to this and just want an easier alternative to play, I highly recommend the downloadable client. Its a small and easy to use application and it allows you to play from the convenience of your desktop. Thanks for reading this and I hope you get back into the game as soon as possible! If you have any questions comment them below and we will try to get back to you asap!

Downloadable Client

Kind Regards -
The Project Divine Team king
Back to top Go down
https://project-divine.rpg-board.net

Changing your Java Security Settings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project-Divine :: Project-Divine General Forums :: Tutorials and Guides-
Jump to: